Perennial Paisley!


Paisley would have to be my favourite pattern of all.  It's teardrop shape is instantly recognisable and this pattern has a long and fascinating history.  Before I started this blog, I didn't really know anything about the history or evolution of fashion, but now I'm keen to know more about what I'm wearing and the history behind it.  I found an interesting article about paisley, that you can read here, if you're interested!

There are many paisley patterns in my wardrobe, adorning tops, skirts, pants and even shoes!  As well as its interesting history, I just think it is such a fun and timeless pattern.  I will never tire of wearing paisley, as it can be styled in so many ways!  I like wearing it in boho inspired ways, but it can be dressed up too! 

I bought this top recently and this was its first wear.  I love the mix of purple shades and on the edge of the sleeves the cuffs feature silver threading.  I love that bit of sparkle!  For the first wear, I chose to pair it with my cropped denim jeans.  I know it'll also look great with a maxi skirt, so that'll be on the agenda for its second wear!

The outfit:
Top: Rockmans
Cropped Jeans: Big W
Shoes: Tie Dye Chocolaticas by Hot Chocolate Design

Ring: Bold Ray Designs
Bracelet: present from Mum
Bag: Guess

Earrings: Tattooed Zombie


Do you have a favourite pattern that you love to wear?  Let me know!  I'd love to hear from you!



Linking up with Mica at Away From The Blue

Comments

  1. What a lovely blouse. I love the paisley print also and thanks for the information on its history. The colours blend together really well. Flossie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top was beautiful and I had no idea Paisley print had other names, or it's history! thanks for linking that article! :) You're right, this top will work just as well with skirts as it does with your denim :)

    Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp

    Hope that your 2019 is off to a good start and you're having a lovely week :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mica! Thanks for the link up too! ;) XXX

      Delete
  3. I love a Paisley print! In fact, the dress hanging ready to be worn tomorrow is one featuring Paisley! Your top is gorgeous, and works very well with your cropped denim trousers. The bag you're carrying in fabulous too, what a great colour that is. Oh, and thank your for the link. That's quite a fascinating read! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Ann! I'm so glad you liked the article! I bet you have some gorgeous paisley prints! XXX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lady in Red!

Eclectic September!

Flashback Friday #4: Feline Fashion!