Wearing Umber with Amber!


I seem to be gravitating towards autumnal colours recently, even though it is spring here in Australia!  Red, yellow, purple, orange and now brown!  I haven't worn this skirt in ages, but I do really like its quirky print.  The umber/sienna colour acts as like a cave wall background, with the white drawings and shapes looking like ancient paintings. 

I never used to wear orange or brown or any variations of either colour and now I really like both!  I like the brightness of orange and the earthiness of brown.  In fact, these days there really isn't a colour I wouldn't wear!

Since I started blogging last year and following other blogs, I have developed an appreciation of wearing different colours, styles and prints.  It really is so inspiring seeing how other non-famous, non-celebrity people dress!  I am much more inspired by women of all different ages, sizes and shapes showing off their personal style, than any celebrity!  Thanks for the inspiration!


 The outfit:
Top: Sussan
Skirt: Tree of Life
Boots: Colorado

Print close-up!


Ring: Lovisa
Bangle: thrifted
Bag: Rockmans

Necklace: bought at pop-up store



Linking up with Emma at Style Splash

Comments

  1. It seems from what you say that you've become more adventurous with the colours you are wearing since you started blogging and that is great. I like the colours you've chosen in this outfit and I'm pleased also to see Amber is back home.Flossie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Flossie! I'm also glad Amber's back!! ;) XXX

      Delete
  2. That's a beautiful printed skirt and such a nice colour! I'm glad you've found that inspiration through blogs _ i really feel that way too! Although I think my love for autumn colours in spring is due to all the 'fall fashion' posts from bloggers in america experiencing autumn right now, haha!

    I still have to email you back sorry! I'm trying to figure out a good date next week to see if you are free, life is a little hectic at the moment!

    Hope that you are having a nice start to your week :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mica! No worries at all! No rush! I'm not going anywhere! Ha! ;) Hope you're having a great week! XXX

      Delete
  3. Isn't blogging fantastic? I too have learned a thing or two from other bloggers. Who cares about what celebrities wear anyway? It's real life fashion worn by real life girls in all shapes and sizes that we are after! Love the umber skirt and your fabulous necklace. And it's good to see Amber's back from Paris ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ann! That's so true! I agree completely. Yes, it's good to have Amber home! Ha! ;) Hope you're having a great week! XXX

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lady in Red!

Flashback Friday #4: Feline Fashion!

Eclectic September!